I’ve been nominated for an bloggers award.
How very exciting.
One, Two lovely bloggers have nominated me for the Liebster Award, which was a very pleasant surprise indeed. So, here is my post regarding this honour and accepting it with great joy 🙂
In keeping with the rules of this award I will now provide you with 11 random facts about myself:
1. I find it hard to get through the day without at least one cup of tea!
2. I have wanted a Dalmatian from the first time I saw one at 2 years old. At the age of 21, I finally got one.
3. I have never eaten meat in my entire life. I don’t think I ever will.
4. When I was four years old, I bit through my tongue so severely I almost lost it.
5. I am a Pokémon Master. I caught them all. And sang the song while doing it.
6. I like animals more than people.
7. I did not pass my driving test until I was 21.
8. I love to read.
9. I have never been to Disney Land or Disney World.
10. I used to play the flute but I haven’t picked it up in a few years now.
11. One of my favourite things to do is sit in the garden with our chickens and chat to them.
My next step is to answer a list of 11 questions asked by Equestriangradstudent . Here goes…
1. What was your very first experience with horses? My very first contact with horses was when I was about 8 years old. I went pony trekking somewhere in Wales and have pictures of me sitting, very proudly, on a little pony.
2. First horse you owned? I am yet to have the pleasure of owning a horse. I hope to one day, but for now I will have to gaze wistfully at adverts.
3. Your current mount? Currently I ride any of the horses at my college. We do not have a specific horse that we ride regularly, but my favourite is Star, an ex-racing thoroughbred with the loveliest character.
4. Describe him/her in one word: Superstar
5. The horse you learned the most from? This has to be Maguire, the dear old horse at college who was my solid and steady mount for my first few months of learning at the beginning of the academic year. He’s a perfect schoolmaster and taught me how to trust the horse.
6. Favorite saddle? Why? I have limited knowledge of different saddles, especially not having bought any myself. I can safely say my favourite out of the ones at college is Rambo’s dressage saddle. I’m not sure what make it is though, apologies.
7. Piece of tack you couldn’t do without? As I do not own my own horse, I don’t have any particular piece of tack that I rely on as I am required to use the tack provided with the horses at college.
8. Do you compete? I do not compete. I do not have enough riding experience to do so, or a horse to do it on. I hope to do something one day though, maybe.
9. Favorite horsey memory? I think this one has to be my recent experience of riding a musical ride at college. Riding my friends horse was an unexpected honour, and once I relaxed it was a fantastic experience.
10. Favorite non-horsey pastime? I like to walk my dogs, and read.
11. Goals for this year? This year I will – complete my work experience in Ireland, gain in confidence with my jumping, pass my first year of college, complete some work experience at a racing yard, remember to keep my toes in!
And my questions from Some Fabulous Chick’s Blog.:
1. Name a random thing in your room: My framed picture made for me by my friend. It contains pictures of a picture of her and me pulling a shocked faces and another of each of us looking serious in dark glasses. She has then added a picture of Horatio Caine from CSI Miami with a speech bubble saying “It looks like these two have been framed”. I love it!
2. Name a random thing in your purse/ bag or man purse: In my bag I have a torch and a hole punch. You know, for emergency hole punching in the dark.
3. Name your favorite feature. Physically and personality wise: My favourite physical feature would be something weird like my eyelashes or my wrists. Personality wise, I like that I am a loyal friend and that I am not afraid to say yes when everyone else says no. Or vice versa (see quote below).
4. What’s your favorite quote?: “The world needs people who cannot be bought; whose word is their bond; who put character above wealth; who possess opinions and a will; who are larger than their vocations; who don’t hesitate to take chances; who won’t lose their individuality in a crowd; who will be as honest in small things as they are in
great things; who will make no compromise with wrong; whose ambitions are not
confined to their own selfish desires; who will not say they do it ‘because
everybody else does it’; who are true to their friends through good report and
evil report, in adversity as well as in prosperity; who do not believe that
shrewdness, cunning and hard-heartedness are the best qualities for winning
success; who are not afraid to stand for the truth even when it’s unpopular; who
say ‘no’ with emphasis, even though the rest of the world says ‘yes’.” – Ted Engstrom
5. What’s the best advice you’ve ever gotten?: Don’t overthink everything, sometimes you just have to go with what feels right.
6. What’s the best advice you’ve ever given?: Never, ever let anyone tell you you’re not worth it.
7. Best gift you’ve ever gotten? Tangible and not tangible: The best tangible gift would have to be something with sentimental value, like the bracelet my grandmother gave me for my birthday. The best non-tangible gift I’ve ever received would have to be to do with support and belief. For example, my parents paid for a distance learning course for me because they wanted to support me in my aspirations. It meant more than I ever thought it would.
8. Tell me about the best moment in your life: Gosh this one’s a bit tricky. I think possibly cuddling a four week old Dalmatian puppy and knowing she was going to come with me in a months time. Or, completing our musical ride on Saturday and hearing whoops and cheers from the crowd.
9. Why do you blog?: My old blog was a torrent of griping and moaning. I wanted to change that, and I also wanted to just have a way of letting people know what it’s like being in the position I am and how it feels to be here.
10. And now, for my Oprah question, who are you?: A very good question. Rather existential. Let me put my philosophers head on for a moment. I am the kind of person I never thought I would be, because when I was younger I could never imagine myself having this kind of strength or confidence, mental and physical. I am almost the person I want to be, although I have a distance left to travel. I am not a different person from who I was last year, five years ago, ten years ago. I am still that person, just older. And, with a touch of luck, a little wiser for it.
11. And now, for my me question, what makes you fabulous?: I would not describe myself as fabulous, but if anything were to make me that it would be the people around me and the things I try to live for.
So now comes the part where I get to nominate people. I’ve spent the past few hours searching through wordpress to find blogs that I enjoy reading and that fit the criteria of < 200 followers.. I could only pick 11, so I narrowed it down to this lovely lot:
2. Peace and Horses
4. saddles and suitcases
5. Positively Riveting
7. Stable Wisdom: Learning with Style
9. Musings of an ‘Insufferable Horsey Girl’
10. Simply Marvelous Horse World
I do not know if any of the above have been nominated before, but I read some of their posts, if not all, and very much enjoyed the experience, which is why I have nominated them.
My final thing, before posting the instructions on how to accept the award themselves, is to post a list of questions for them to answer:
1. If you had to be trapped in a room with one person, who would it be and why?
2. What is the most uncharacteristic thing you’ve ever done?
3. What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
4. Name three things on your bucket list?
5. What, to you, is the most important thing in life?
6. Who, to you, is the most important person in your life?
7. What made you start your blog on wordpress.com?
8. What is your favourite flower?
9. How many people would you trust with you deepest secrets?
10. If you were reincarnated, what would you like to come back as?
11. Do you smile at strangers?
And, at long last, the final bit…
HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD:
The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
- Go to each bloggers page and let them know you have nominated them.